University of Technology, Sydney

Staff directory | Webmail | Maps | Newsroom | What's on
Business Home

After you travel

Acquitting your Travel

  1. Travel Diary:  Submit your Travel Diary (if one was required) or any changes to a previously submitted diary to FSU Tax & Insurance

  2. Meal and entertainment expenses: Refer to the FBT Meal & Entertainment Guidelines to determine whether a Meal & Entertainment Form should be completed

  3. Travel Advance (non PEP): If a travel advance was received for the trip, submit a Travel Acquittal & Expense Claim Form, with original supporting documents attached, to FSU Accounts Payable. Note! Any unused advance must be refunded in full either by cheque or EFT. Contact Accounts Payable for details on repaying unused advances. Professional Experience Program (PEP) participants reconcile travel expenses through their faculty administration.

  4. Corporate Credit Card Expenses:  Corporate credit card expenditure is acquitted through the iExpenses corporate credit card acquittal process. Remember to attach your authorised Travel Approval Form to the expense report.

  5. Staff Reimbursement:  Reimbursements are made through iExpense. Scan and attach original receipts whilst in Neo. 

  6. Student Reimbursement: Complete a travel acquittal and expense claim form and attach original receipts. Liaise with your faculty administration for verification before forwarding to FSU Accounts Payable.

  7. Incidental Allowance:  The Incidentals allowance cannot be claimed as an out of pocket expense through iExpense. Incidental allowances must be requested prior to travelling using the Travel Approval Form.

Consult the Gifts and Benefits Directive if you have received a gift or benefit whilst travelling and may need to submit a Gifts and Benefits Declaration.

Private Vehicle Reimbursement for Domestic Travel

Whilst it is possible to use a private vehicle in association with UTS travel, you should utilise UTS pool vehicles, rental cars, taxis, shuttle services or public transport before considering the use of a private vehicle.

Prior approval is required by the traveller's supervisor and the driver will need to provide evidence of current registration, driver's licence and comprehensive insurance.

Kilometre reimbursements are paid through Employee Self Service via the Online Pay Claims option (for step by step instructions go to

For information (including a table of rates per kilometre), go to the Payroll chapter in the online Finance Procedures Manual (